Registering for Undergraduate Research tips

ChBE UGrads @ GaTech: Registering for Undergraduate Research tips

Registering for Undergraduate Research tips

Are you planning to do research in Spring 2014?  You must complete an Undergraduate Research Permit Request form
(found in the CHBE office) first.  There is one form for Research for Academic Credit and another form for Research for Pay–please choose the correct form. Complete the form including how many credit hours for which you will register–rule of thumb is one credit hour=3 hours in the lab.  Obtain your supervising professor’s
signature, and turn in the completed form to your academic advisor (drop them in
the box on my office door) and I will issue the permit within 24 hours.  You will
receive an email notification that you can register for the course.


When you register for a variable hour course (i.e. research), the registration will default to 1 hour; it is your responsibility
to change the hours based on the agreement you have made with your
supervising professor.  Your advisor CANNOT change the hours for you.

How do I change the number of hours for a variable hour course?

  1. Log into Buzzport
  2. On the Home tab locate the “REGISTRATION AND STUDENT SERVICES” channel
  3. Select the “Registration – OSCAR” link
  4. Select “Student Services & Financial Aid”
  5. Select “Registration”
  6. Select “Add/Drop Classes”
  7. Select “Term”
  8. Select “Change Course Options” at the bottom of screen
  9. Enter the desired number of hours.

 All Permit requests MUST be submitted no later than Friday, January 10 at NOON!  Once the permits are entered, you MUST register no later than Friday at 4:00 p.m.!

Source link