Although the physical aspect of the Power Conversion and Intelligent Motion (PCIM) conference was postponed for this year, it’s been reinvented as a virtual event, scheduled for July 7-8, 2020. As Europe’s premier power technology event, it deserves its own write-up (coming soon!), but a couple of exhibitors are hosting their own educational programs ahead of the main event.
Infineon Livestream Sessions
In addition to its virtual booth at PCIM, Infineon is offering a series of livestreams on products and technologies in advance of the conference. The 16 livestream sessions, taking place July 1-3, will cover the full range of Infineon power electronics solutions, including:
- Motor-drive solutions for home appliances
- USB PD solutions
- New battery-management ICs
- SiC devices for transport and mobility applications
- Benefits of high-density IGBT high-voltage (IHV) modules in traction
You can view the full program of livestream topics, register to visit the virtual booth, and attend any of the livestreams by clicking here.
Nexperia’s Pre-PCIM Event Offers Interactive Live Discussions, Livestream Demos, and More
The program tracks on tap at Power Live are as follows:
The moderated live discussions will allow participants to engage with other power professionals in a series of live sessions across a number of topics to discuss the common challenges and demands you and your colleagues face every day. Among them are:
- How GaN-based traction inverters will deliver a breakthrough in powertrain electrification.
- MOSFETs for use in high continuous-current applications
- Using silicon-germanium (SiGe) rectifiers in high-frequency converter applications
Each track will also provide on-demand video demonstrations that include:
- Automotive 48-V/12-V bidirectional dc-dc converter with 100-V MOSFETs
- Automotive H-bridge dc motor-control reference designs, featuring P-channel LFPAK56 MOSFETs
- Using power MOSFETs to handle high currents up to 380 A
- LFPAK88—the automotive MOSFET package driving power density to the next level
- Balanced current sharing between parallel MOSFETs
- High-current 3-phase BLDC motor-drive application using LFPAK88 MOSFETs
- GaN-based EV inverter design
Power Live will also offer on-demand demonstration videos given by Nexperia’s resident power experts. The full event schedule is available now. You can follow this link to pre-register for free access.