After a tumultuous 2020, it goes without saying that manufacturing is facing many questions. To help to bring those issues into focus, Machine Design has joined with other members of Endeavor Business Media’s Design & Engineering Group to convene Design Summit 2020.
This virtual conference and trade event will run from Nov. 16-19, with new sessions each day focused on the key technologies and issues within manufacturing.
Three keynote presentations will highlight the first three days of the event:
- On Mon., Nov. 16 at 10 a.m. EST, Peter Eelman of AMT and Jeff Bernstein of RIA will discuss how trade associations have adapted to the challenges of serving their members and suppliers in a time of a global pandemic. Entitled “The New Handshake,” this session will focus on how associations have met the educational and business needs of their members, how virtual events have been important to their outreach during the pandemic, and the future of association trade events.
- On Tues., Nov. 17 at 10 a.m. EST, the Design Summit will kick off a continuing focus on Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) with a panel discussion on the challenges and opportunities for women in industry. The panel will feature Cindy Tomei of the Illinois Manufacturers’ Association; Audrey A. Sherman, a Division Scientist with 3M’s Medical Solutions Division; and Chandra Brown, CEO with digital innovation incubator MxD.
- On Wed., Nov. 18 at 10 a.m. EST, Design Summit 2020 looks at the future workforce in manufacturing. Representatives from NSPE, IEEE and ASME will discuss the opportunities, challenges and outlook for engineering in 2020 and beyond. Speakers include Dr. Oscar Barton, dean and professor at the Clarence M. Mitchell, Jr. School of Engineering at Morgan State University; Tricia Hatley, the 2020-2021 president of the National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE); and Mario Milicevic, an IEEE Member and communication systems engineer at MaxLinear in Irvine, Calif.
Other Design Summit 2020 sessions will focus on such areas as:
- Additive manufacturing;
- Electric vehicles;
- The post-election economic outlook;
- Post-COVID-19 changes in supply chains;
- And much, much more.
To register for Design Summit 2020, go to lp.endeavorb2b.com/design-summit.