We are excited to co-organize a workshop at ICDM 2018 on applications of data mining for education!
The ICDM 2018 Workshop on Data Mining for eLearning Personalization will be held in conjunction with the International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM) on November 17, 2018 in Singapore. The workshop will bring together researchers, software engineers, educators, and others conducting cutting-edge work on data-driven personalization in the online learning context to discuss how we can develop models for the process of (human) learning, and use these models in the development of data-driven online learning systems that personalize the experience and improve outcomes.
Paper submissions on all areas of data mining for learning/education, including assessments, learning analytics, and infrastructure are welcome, and those with a focus on personalization systems are particularly encouraged. Specific topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Reinforcement-learning-based personalization algorithms
- Trials for demonstrating efficacy of personalization for learners and/or instructors
- Mining relationships between learning behavior, performance, and content
- Learner knowledge tracing and performance prediction
- Generative/low dimensional modeling of learning behavior
- Automated content prerequisite identification
- Learning analytics with actionable intelligence for instructors
- Social learning networks
Per ICDM policy, the deadline for paper submissions is August 7, 2018.
For more information about the workshop, please visit http://ml4ed.cc/2018-icdm-workshop/
For more information about the ICDM conference, please visit http://icdm2018.org/
On behalf of the workshop organizers — Christopher G.Brinton (Zoomi Inc), Andrew S. Lan (Princeton University), Emily Glassberg Sands (Coursera), Richard Baraniuk (Rice University) — we hope to see you in Singapore!
Data Science at Coursera
Interested in applying data science to education? Coursera is hiring!