Do not be surprised when you find out that using a keylogger is the easiest way to hack passwords and get access to your accounts. In this article, you will get to know about Keyloggers and how they work. You will also get to know about the different brands of antivirus you can make use of to solve the problem.
A keylogger also called a keystroke logger is a computer program that operates in stealth mode on your PC. Once installed, it captures every keystroke typed on your computer’s keyboard. The keylogger has been programmed by hackers to work in a stealth mode that would not allow you to detect its presence.
Over the past few decades, we have seen many cases of data breaches and a lot of personal information disclosed. Our information and accounts are part of our identity and should be protected. With our personal information in the wrong hands, they can have access to our bank account details and other valuable accounts which we do not have.
What are the ways to solve this problem?
Luckily, there are methods we can use to protect our computer from these unwanted computer programs. We need to ensure that our personal data are safe. Let’s have a look at some of these antiviruses.
Although some antivirus software will help to detect and eliminate some possible threats from your computer, hackers still find a way to snoop on your activity and hijack your computer to gain access into your accounts.
You need to stay updated with the best kind of antivirus to remove malware from your pc. A few options are Malwarebytes, Kaspersky Antivirus, McAfee Antivirus, F-Secure and Avast. Let’s see how they can be used.
This Anti-malware program works in three steps; they detect malware on your computer, get rid of it safely, and clean up any kind of damage that the malware might have caused to your computer. This application also helps to block malicious websites that hackers can use to crack your computer.
How does it help?
- Detects a malicious website and server
- Provides real-time malware protection
- Uses heuristics to detect bad software
The Malware app is easy to use, all you need to do is to download the application for your PC, install it, scan your PC and allow it to perform the magic. Detecting a keylogger is difficult but Malwarebytes is capable of doing just that.
Using Kaspersky Antivirus
The Kaspersky is another antivirus that is effective in detecting Keyloggers. Besides fighting viruses alone, it works against all types of malware in your computer.
How does it work?
It makes uses of
- Signature scanning; Kaspersky antivirus detects when an app is safe for the system before allowing the computer to read it into its database.
- Behavior analysis; the app first runs a new software in a controlled environment to detect its behavioral pattern, it detects if the software is trying to access the system’s memory. If it’s not, the software will then be certified safe and allowed to run
- Anti-rootkits. Rootkits are programs that place segments of themselves into the memory of BIOS (software that controls the devices attached to a system). The Kaspersky helps to eradicate these rootkits.
This antivirus is designed to detect suspicious files, analyze the way they cause damage to the computer and develop solutions to block them.
Using McAfee Antivirus
This antivirus software helps to prevent viruses from gaining access to your computer system and also eliminate viruses that have already infected your computer. All you need to do is to install the antivirus and let it scan. It uses an automatic web crawler to scan for malicious software and destroy it. The McAfee software comes with some other packages like the McAfee Livesafe, McAfee Antivirus Plus, and the McAfee Total Protection.
The benefits of McAfee Antivirus
- Protection from viruses
- Protects personal information
- It is cost effective
- User-friendly and convenient
Do not let things get messy before you start finding a solution to it. It is recommended that you get these Antiviruses and get it installed to stay protected.
This software uses the F-secure router which serves as the middleman between the internet and your modem. It also allows you to see the security and privacy protection status. If one of your devices has the sense app installed, it can serve as the admin and you can connect all your other devices to it. So no need to worry about multiple subscriptions.
What does the F-secure offer?
- Security and privacy.
- Browsing and banking protection.
- Extends your subscription to your family.
- Monitors and block encryption of important folders.
Avast is a popular antivirus that is well known for its multiple scan options. The Avast Antivirus includes the following scans.
- Smart scan (a quick and comprehensive scan that detects malware, network treat, and urgent performance issues)
- Full virus scan (a detailed scan of the entire system)
- Targeted scan (targeted towards a selected folder)
- Boot-Time scan (during start-up)
The benefits of Avast Antivirus
- A powerful tool for malware removal
- Ransomware protection
- Prevents performance issues
- Internet security
If you are in need of an affordable and powerful anti-malware solution, this might just be the perfect fit for you.
Cracking Down Against Keyloggers
It is important for you to know that not all keyloggers are software-based. Some keyloggers operate as a piece of hardware but the chance of you getting hit by a hardware keylogger is rare. The best way is to get some Anti-malware software installed to monitor your computer.
We hope this article has enlightened you on the kinds of antivirus software that you can use. Do you try anyone out? Let us know in the comment session below.